Saturday, July 25, 2009

Thanskgiving in july...


So the lady from the church was so glad to see that I had baked all the cupcakes so she proceeded to bring me a turkey breast, homegrown sweet potatoes and some grape tomatoes. she said to me i know its not much but its just a thanks for giving to the church. So i decided to be creative and made fried sweet potatoe cakes with sage rubbed turkey breast...then i cooked the grape tomatoes in some olive oil and salt til the popped and wilted some and then i added balsamic vin, cranbnerry juice and sugar and let them reduce dwon til they were a beautiful medley of sweet and tart goodness... the end result was wonderful amd was definitely photo worthy

1 comment:

Printersdevil said...

It looks wonderful. I am cooking a full Christmas dinner next weekend for the entire extended family (20 people counting the kids). I will have cornbread dressing the usual way because I would be shot otherwise. However, I have had a rosemary dressing before that I loved and don't have a clue how it was made. Do you know? It was so light and wonderful compared to southern cornbread dressing.